This policy complies with the GDPR Data Protection laws that came into effect on 25th May 2018.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA AND WHY
Any name or address information is collected through a conversation or email with you if you decide to take a course in Yoga or Pilates. The upmost care is taken to store this information. No personal information is collected from this website.
STORING YOUR INFORMATION
Any personal information that you have passed to Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness, for example your name and address, complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness holds about you;
- The right to request that Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness to retain;
- The right to withdraw your consent (if under the consent permission) to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If you want to know what Information Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness collects and holds about you, please email Carolynpilates@googlemail.com.
INFORMATION THAT THIS WEBSITE COLLECTS AND WHY IT COLLECT'S IT
Site visitation tracking: Like most websites, this site uses analytics to track user interaction, this is done through the company Attracta*. Web Seedlings, who maintains this site, uses this data to determine the number of people using the site, to better understand how they find and use the web pages and to see your journey through the website. Although Attracta records data such as your geographical location, device type, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to Web Seedlings or Caroyln Atkins Total Fitness. Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop Attracta from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
ABOUT THIS WEBSITE’S SERVER
This website is hosted by Smart Hosting, a Krystal Hosting brand based in the UK. The data centre’s security features are as follows: CloudLinux Security & Mod Security for Site Protection. Full details of Smart Hosting can be found here. All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
COOKIES AND HOW THEY ARE USED
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables a website to identify your computer as you view different pages on this website and to make sure pages are sent to the browser as quickly and efficiently as possible. There are 3 types of cookies; Session: a cookie that is erased when you close the Web browser. The session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from your computer. They typically will store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user. Persistent: Also called a permanent cookie, or a stored cookie, a cookie that is stored on your hard drive until it expires (persistent cookies are set with expiration dates) or until you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies are used to collect identifying information about the user, such as Web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific Web site. Third-party: Cookies attributes usually corresponds to the website domain they are on. Not for third-party cookies—as you probably gathered from the name, they are installed by third-party websites, such as advertisers. They gather data about your browsing habits, and allow them to track you across multiple websites.
This website does not use third party or persistent cookies.
Cookies do not provide Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness with access to your computer or any information about you. *Attracta analytics only identifies your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
· Classes are always subject to availability so please check availability before booking a class online. Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness will always do her best to accommodate you in your chosen class.
· All Yoga & Pilates classes must be prepaid and all clients agree to our 24hr notice policy when cancelling. So if you’re booked into a class, but miss it or cancel, you will be charged for it. Classes are non transferable and non refundable. Bootcamp classes are on a drop in/pay as you go system.
· Mobile phones are not permitted in sessions. If they are in a bag, could I please politely ask you to place it on silence during the class.
· If for any reason sessions are cancelled you will receive one complimentary session.
· We recommend that you arrive at least 5 minutes before the scheduled appointment time. If you are late for a session the session will still end at the scheduled time. Out of consideration for the trainer and other members, and also for your own safety (the warm-up is an important aspect of each class) please be aware that if you are more than 5 minutes late for a class, you may not be able to train.
· If Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness is late for a session, time will be added onto the end of the session if possible, or onto a future session.
· Classes and Personal training sessions are valid for 5-6 weeks depending on the length of the half term, apart from the Monday 6pm session at Chevening School.
· Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness has a strict no alcohol policy during exercise sessions – if she feels you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs – you will not be permitted to carry on with the session, you will be charged full price.
· When using the hall car park you do so at your own risk. Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness cannot be held liable for any theft or damage.
· If for any reason you wish to discontinue your training before the end of the period of commitment you have signed up for, then two weeks notice needs to be given.
· Sessions are purchased on a 1-2-1 basis, no other person shall be permitted to share your sessions. Sessions cannot be used by anyone other than you.
Important Liability Statement
The information available on or through this Site, and the Services supplied via or in connection with this Site or at Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness classes, do not constitute medical advice and it is your responsibility to determine, through obtaining appropriate medical advice, that you are fit and well and that such contents and services are suitable for you. It is not Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness responsibility to do so. Before commencing any exercise regime, you should consult your doctor.
It is also vital that you supply us with correct information about yourself. We cannot be liable for any incorrect information supplied by you to us.
· I understand that my teacher is a qualified and insured Pilates & Yoga matclass or studio teacher.
· I understand that Carolyn Atkins is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of my personal belongings while I attend class.
· I will tell the teacher of anything painful / unusual I experience in the class and between classes.
· I will stop doing the exercise if I or s/he thinks I need to, or follow the alternatives my teacher gives me.
· I understand my teacher may offer me professional advice relating to my ability to exercise and s/he may consider it unprofessional to continue to teach me if I do not wish to follow that advice.
· I will keep my teacher updated on any changes in my medical condition.
· I understand that all exercise carries a risk and I voluntarily participate in Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness classes with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. I agree that neither I, my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
· If you are struggling with anything in your class, have any problems or concerns, do please let me know as soon as you can, and I will do my best to help.
Your Personal Information
Pricing & Payment
Carolyn Atkins Total Fitness may change these terms and conditions from time to time. By browsing the Site you are accepting that you are bound by the current terms and conditions. You should check these each time you revisit the Site. These terms and conditions form the entire understanding of the parties and supersede all previous agreements, understandings and representations relating to the subject matter.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English law, and you consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Enquiries or Complaints
If you have any enquiries or complaints please email Carolynpilates@googlemail.com